Maureen Mackay is a member of Gawthrop Greenwood’s Family Law group.
Maureen Mackay, a long-time resident of Chester County, concentrates her practice in Family Law. She holds an Associate of Science degree in business administration from Immaculata University and a Bachelor of Science degree in criminal justice from West Chester University. Maureen received her law degree, cum laude, from Widener University School of Law. During law school Maureen was a member of the Phi Delta Honor Society and she achieved Dean’s Honors List recognition.
Maureen has been an active member of the Chester County Bar Association where she served as the Chairperson of the Law Related Education Committee, Chairperson of the Law Day Committee, Chairperson of the Women in Practice Section, and was a member of the Board of Directors of the Chester County Bar Foundation.
She has been a member of the Doris Freed Inn of Court since 2000. Maureen also donates much of her time to the Volunteer English Program in Chester County, where she has served on the Board of Directors since 2012.
Prior to joining the firm, Maureen served as the law clerk to the Hon. Judge James P. MacElree, II of the Court of Common Pleas of Chester County. She was also an associate for Linda MacElree, LLC from 2004 until 2006.
Maureen has presented several seminars and classes, including Taking Control – A Seminar for Women, and Women Leading Up 2012. She has also made a guest appearance on NBC10 News, speaking on Family Law matters.
- Family Law
Honors & Awards
- Included in the list of Top Lawyers by Main Line Today Magazine, 2010, 2011, 2014-2016
- Pennsylvania, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1998
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware, J.D.
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Certificate of Achievement Elder Law
- West Chester University, West Chester, Pennsylvania, B.S., Criminal Justice
- Immaculata University, Malvern, Pennsylvania, Associate of Science in Business Administration