At Gawthrop Greenwood, we have a long history of serving as solicitors for municipal authorities, townships, boroughs, police departments, zoning hearing boards and other governmental entities. Because of the breadth and impact of this area of the law, we provide advice and representation in areas such as land use, municipal finance, public contracts, law enforcement and other regulatory matters. Our attorneys understand the issues that governmental entities face and provide the legal support to address these challenges.
We also advise and assist municipalities on the various issues they encounter on a daily basis involving public meetings (Sunshine Act), public records (Right to Know Law) and public employer-employee matters.
Our municipal law attorneys:
- Serve as solicitors for townships, boroughs, zoning hearing boards, planning commissions, municipal authorities and intermunicipal entities
- Serve as solicitors for school districts and charter schools
- Assist with municipal finance
- Assist with public contracts
- Provide advice on regulatory issues