Gawthrop attorney and nationally recognized community association lawyer Steven L. Sugarman recently spoke on up-to-the-minute condo and…
Gawthrop Greenwood partner P. Kristen Bennett presented on Planning for Loved Ones with Special Needs at a seminar for the Southern Delaware Estate Planning Council. The seminar held September 13, 2018 in Georgetown, DE for an audience of estate planning attorneys included information on:
- How government programs may pay for basic living expenses
- The importance of precise planning
- Steps to take so your loved ones with special needs have the lifestyle you desire for them, including during your life and after your death
- Types of trusts parents can set up, as well as pros & cons
- When ABLE Accounts are useful
- Tax considerations for special needs trusts
- Funding during parents’ life or at death
Bennett is a member of the Delaware Bar Association’s Estates and Trusts Section and Tax Section, as well as the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. She is on the Estate Planning Council of Delaware, Inc.
Bennett also serves as a board member for Delaware CarePlan, Inc., a nonprofit nongovernmental organization, which serves as trustee of special and supplemental trusts created for the benefit of Delaware residents. She was recently named to the Brandywine Health Foundation, a nonprofit whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of people who live and work in the greater Coatesville area by fostering community partnerships, providing capacity-building support and making grants to promote health equity and a healthy community.