Sandra L. Knapp is Chair of the Management Committee at Gawthrop Greenwood. She practices in the fields of Business Law, Commercial Transactions, Admiralty/Maritime Law, Real Estate Law, and Banking and Finance.
Sandra L. Knapp represents clients in a broad range of transactional and general corporate matters, including asset-based lending transactions, mergers and acquisitions, marine finance, U.S.-based joint ventures for international companies, real estate, sale-leaseback transactions, construction contracts, leases and charters. She is frequently involved in multimillion-dollar financing and acquisition transactions for companies both nationally and internationally. She has practiced in the Philadelphia area for over 30 years, representing clients throughout the United States and abroad.
Sandy is a member of the Maritime Law Association of the United States and past Chair of its Marine Finance Committee and formerly a member of its Board of Directors. She is also a member of the Chester County Bar Association and is admitted to the Supreme Court of the United States.
Sandy is active in the port community as well as the local Chester County community. She is on the Board of the YMCA of Greater Brandywine and a member of the International Business Council of the Chester County Economic Development Council.
Prior to joining Gawthrop Greenwood, Sandy was the managing partner of Knapp McConomy Merlie LLP. She has also worked at Fox Rothschild LLP and Krusen Evans & Byrne.
Related News & Law Articles
Honors & Awards
- Who’s Who of Shipping and Maritime Lawyers
- Brava! Women Business Achievement Award 2012
- Smart CEO Magazine “2011 Legal Elite”
- Women’s International Trade Association – Woman of the Year Award
- Top Lawyers, Main Line Today Magazine, 2014-2019
- Pennsylvania, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of PA, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit, 1986
- New Jersey, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2007
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania, J.D., 1986
- Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, B.S. Finance with High Honors and B.A. International Studies with High Honors, 1981