Gawthrop attorney and nationally recognized community association lawyer Steven L. Sugarman recently spoke on up-to-the-minute condo and…
This week Gawthrop Greenwood partner Stephen J. Olsen presented on the basics of estate planning as part of Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union’s financial literacy program.
FMFCU’S Financial Fitness Workshops and Seminars cover a variety of topics tailored to meet the needs of college students, working adults and seniors. According to FMFCU, “Numerous industry studies have shown the impact of financial stress on employees can be as great as that of physical illness. One study revealed roughly one in five employees admitted they had skipped work in the past year to deal with financial problems.”
Olsen provided a basic understanding of estate planning, including:
- How to get started on planning for death and incapacity
- The terminology and default rules associated with inheritance
- What constitutes your probate and non-probate estate
- Why you might consider executing a will, durable power of attorney, health care power of attorney, living will and/or revocable trust
- How your estate planning may change over time
Contact Stephen J. Olsen at email@example.com or 610-696-8225.