Trusts and estates attorney P. Kristen Bennett recently presented a Continuing Legal Education (CLE) to…
Gawthrop Greenwood partner P. Kristen Bennett presented on “Special Needs Planning” at the 2021 Delaware Trust Conference held at Chase Center on the Waterfront in Wilmington October 19-20, 2021. Bennett was featured in on-demand video available to the nation’s top trust, legal and wealth management thought leaders for Delaware trusts. She spoke on topics including:
- How government programs may pay for basic living expenses
- The importance of precise planning
- Steps to take so your loved ones with special needs have the lifestyle you desire for them, including during your life and after your death
- Types of trusts parents can set up, as well as pros & cons
- When ABLE Accounts are useful
- Tax considerations for special needs trusts
- Funding during parents’ life or at death
Bennett is a member of the Delaware Bar Association’s Estates and Trusts Section and Tax Section, as well as the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. She is on the Estate Planning Council of Delaware, Inc.
Bennett also serves as a board member for Delaware CarePlan, Inc., a nonprofit nongovernmental organization, which serves as trustee of special and supplemental trusts created for the benefit of Delaware residents. She is on the board of the The Alliance for Health Equity (formerly the Brandywine Health Foundation), a nonprofit whose mission is to improve the health, social, emotional and economic conditions among children, teens and families in the Coatesville Area School District.
The Delaware Trust Conference is attended by hundreds of Trust Professionals, Portfolio Managers, Financial Advisors, Attorneys, CPAs, CTFAs, Wealth & Asset Management Services Executives, Executive Trust Officers, Investment Officers, Investment Managers, and Trust Department Managers. The event is presented by the Delaware Bankers Association Financial Education Alliance.