By James D. Doyle, Esq. In 2021, Congress enacted the Corporate Transparency Act, a pivotal…
Gawthrop Greenwood partner Stephen J. Olsen spoke before the Chester County Estate Planning Council on “Tax & Legal Trends Impacting Charitable Giving Techniques.” The September 14, 2023 presentation covered topics including:
- Who should focus on charitable giving: Varying income levels & goals
- How charities can better position themselves to be the beneficiaries of planned gifts
- Ensuring that a donor’s wishes are understood and carried out
- Ways donors and nonprofits can continue to benefit from planned giving
- How professional advisors can support and advance those efforts
Olsen is a member of the Trusts and Estates Department at Gawthrop Greenwood, where he practices in taxation, estate and trust administration, estate planning taxation and business transactions. He is a Faculty Director of the Villanova University Graduate Tax Program.