Walter P. Eells practices in the fields of Family Law, Litigation, and Personal Injury.
Walter Eells is chair of Gawthrop Greenwood’s Management Committee and Chair of the firm’s Family Law group, which offers clients advice involving: adoptions, alimony, equitable distribution, custody, and prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements. He previously served as the Chairperson appointed by the Chester County Court of Common Pleas to review and revise the Local Family Court Rules. A former winner of the Chester County Bar Association Public Service Award, Walter has worked closely over the years with Legal Aid of Chester County and the Domestic Violence Center of Chester County as pro bono counsel.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, Family Law Section, and is active in the Chester County Bar Association, having served for a number of years as the Chairman of the Continuing Legal Education Committee.
Walter was admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar in 1985 and the New Jersey Bar in 1989. He received his law degree from Ohio Northern University and his undergraduate degree from Villanova University. Walter is a Barrister of the Honorable John E. Stively, Jr., American Inn of Court.
Walter has shared his extensive knowledge of family law through teaching Continuing Legal Education classes with the Chester County Bar Association. Courses he has taught include Support in Chester County and New Chester County Court rules in a Nutshell. Prior to joining Gawthrop Greenwood, Walter served as a Captain in the United States Army Judge Advocate General Corps.
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
Honors & Awards
- Chester County Bar Association Public Service Award, 1999
- Legal Aid of Chester County, Volunteer Attorney Program, 5 Years of Service Award
- Included in the list of Top Lawyers by Main Line Today Magazine, 2009-2016
- Philadelphia Life – Top Attorney
- Pennsylvania, 1985
- New Jersey, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1989
- U.S. Army Court of Criminal Appeals, 1986
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio, J.D.
- Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania, B.A., English