Delaware Today has named Gawthrop Greenwood to its esteemed "Faces of Delaware 2024" listing for…
Gawthrop Greenwood partner P. Kristen Bennett presented on Legal Issues for Loved Ones with Special Needs at a program with New York Life Insurance.
The seminar workshop was held June 19, 2018 at New York Life’s Valley Forge General Office and included information on:
- How government programs may pay for basic living expenses
- The importance of precise planning
- Steps to take so your loved ones with special needs have the lifestyle you desire for them, including during your life and after your death
As a guest speaker for the audience of parents whose children have special needs, Bennett provided a basic understanding of topics including:
- Types of trusts parents can set up, as well as pros & cons
- Recommendations on what to choose for your family
- Funding during parents’ life or at death
Bennett also serves on the board of Delaware CarePlan, Inc., which helps create peace of mind by educating parents on setting up special needs trusts, devising individualized care plans and securing services.