Gawthrop Greenwood partner Stephen J. Olsen presented on Key Elements of a Complete Estate Plan during a live broadcast as a faculty member for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute‘s “Fundamentals of Estate Planning” program.
The Continuing Legal Education course was held June 12, 2018 at the CLE Conference Center at the Wanamaker Building in Center City, Philadelphia. Attendees were eligible for 5 substantive credits and 1 ethics credit, and the course was broadcast live and via simulcast to multiple locations across Pennsylvania.
Olsen provided a basic understanding of estate planning, including:
- How to get started on planning for death and incapacity
- The terminology and default rules associated with inheritance
- What constitutes your probate and non-probate estate
- Why you might consider executing a will, durable power of attorney, health care power of attorney, living will and/or revocable trust
- How your estate planning may change over time