Gawthrop Greenwood attorneys regularly assist businesses and investors in merger and acquisition transactions, from start-ups to multi-national corporations, in a wide breadth of industries.
Our mergers and acquisitions team works closely with other attorneys in the firm to provide clients with an integrated response that is customized to the client’s needs. Depending on the transaction, we may engage the firm’s experience in tax, real estate (including title insurance and lease issues), regulatory compliance and collateral security issues. We also collaborate as part of a transaction team with one or more of a client’s other advisors.
Our attorneys efficiently and effectively work with clients with diverse needs and budgets in negotiating both simple transactions and those more complex that require a significant degree of experience.
- Work with sellers in preparing a business for sale
- Due diligence issues for buyers and sellers
- Documenting the transaction including the purchase agreement
- Post-closing indemnification issues
- Review tax implications of various transaction structures
- Corporate and shareholder action necessary for authorizing the transaction
- Advice on dealing with dissident shareholders
- Documenting the transfer including stock purchase agreements
- Assist in creating new lines of business and forming strategic alliances
- Negotiate and draft all formation documents including operating agreements
- Advise on formation issues including asset transfers and shares of profits and losses
Private equity transactions
- Equity and debt financing
- Add-on financing
- Executive compensation issues
Corporate governance issues
- Advise on duties of directors/managers
- Structure governance for new entities
- Analyze and obtain consents and approvals necessary for corporate action
For more information or to schedule a consultation, please call 610-696-8225 or click here.