At a recent meeting of the Lycoming College Economics Honors Society, Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE), twelve students were inducted into the society following a presentation by Gawthrop Greenwood attorney and partner Stephen J. Olsen.
“It gives me great pleasure to identify outstanding former inductees and invite them to return to their alma mater to speak at the induction ceremony,” said Mehrdad Madresehee, Ph.D., professor of economics at Lycoming College.
Olsen graduated from Lycoming with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics in 2002, and shared experiences that led to a J.D. at Villanova University School of Law, as well as Masters in taxation laws.
He advised students to take advantage of Lycoming’s smaller class sizes to build confidence in public speaking and discussion. He also encouraged students to draw on as much academic and practical knowledge as they can from teachers, administration and other students, and to continue that after college by seeking out mentors when they enter the workforce.
“The value of finding smart, more experienced people to engage with is impossible to quantify but provides so many benefits. Seek these people out as soon as you begin your career, not only in your own workplace, but find people in other fields who are not only successful, but also happy,” said Olsen.
Congratulations to the students who were inducted into the Lycoming College Economics Society, including:
- Evan Armstrong ’21 (Lewisburg, Pa.) – political science and economics major
- Jensen H. Berman ’20 (Stroudsburg, Pa.) – economics major
- Andrew D. Collins ’20 (Victor, N.Y.) – accounting major
- Trevor Corl ’20 (Howard, Pa.) – business administration major, economics minor
- Jiaoyang Fu ’21 (Zhengzhou, China) – corporate communications and economics major
- Keely Laidacker ’20 (Turbotville, Pa.) – math and actuarial science major, accounting minor
- Casey Lane ’21 (Taylor, Pa.) – economics major, political science and American studies minor
- Bryan Pravisan Manoo ’20 (Curepipe, Mauritius) – political science and economics major
- Rory Mendat ’21 (Grampian, Pa.) – economics and French major
- Shane Rose ’21 (Glenside, Pa.) – accounting major
- Cameron Terry ’21 ( Ephrata, Pa.) – accounting and economics major
- Girishwaree (Sharvina) Ramphul ’21 (Grand Port, Mauritius) – accounting and economics major
Olsen is head of the Trusts and Estates Department at Gawthrop Greenwood, where he practices in estate and trust administration, estate planning taxation and business transactions.
Contact Stephen J. Olsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-696-8225.