About 50 professors and members of Drexel’s upper management attended the workshop, in partnership with Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union on Drexel’s campus April 5, 2017.
Olsen provided a basic understanding of estate planning, including:
- How to get started on planning for death and incapacity
- The terminology and default rules associated with inheritance
- What constitutes your probate and non-probate estate
- Why you might consider executing a will, durable power of attorney, health care power of attorney, living will, and/or revocable trust
- How your estate planning may change over time
“Often the first step in estate planning is simply motivating yourself to get started,” said Olsen, who concentrates his law practice in taxation, trust and estate planning and administration, business transactional matters, and business succession planning. “At Gawthrop Greenwood, we find that our workshops give people a great path forward. It’s a pleasure to be able to offer them to our community.”