With the Governor’s recent announcement of increased restrictions due to a surge in COVID-19 cases, as well as Pennsylvania’s quarantine recommendations for more than a dozen states, Gawthrop Greenwood would like to assure you that our law firm continues to operate under the escalated precautions that we instituted when we gradually reopened during the yellow phase last month. We are committed to continuing to operate with an abundance of caution to ensure the safety and well-being of our clients, vendors and employees.
In keeping with this commitment, we are meeting or exceeding all recommended safety and cleaning protocols on a daily basis. Whenever it is possible to conduct business virtually, we do, but if you visit our offices, we want you to do so with confidence. We are sharing the following safety and cleaning protocols that will help keep our offices safe, and our clients and friends healthy.
All of these health and safety measures are in place to provide confidence, clarity and comfort to our clients. We consider it a privilege to serve your legal needs, and look forward to continuing to provide the high level of service that is the hallmark of our firm.
West Chester Office Greater Wilmington Office
Who may visit our offices:
Gawthrop Greenwood continues to be open with caution at its West Chester and Greater Wilmington offices, in accordance with County, State and Federal guidelines.
- Guidelines mandate employees work remotely whenever possible. Our attorneys are working remotely with limited staggered in-office schedules, as necessary.
- Client meetings are supported via telephone and virtual meetings whenever possible.
- If an in-person meeting is deemed essential, all visitors must schedule an appointment.
- To preserve everyone’s safety, walk-in visitors and non-essential visitors are not permitted to enter the building.
What you can expect if you have an appointment to meet in our offices:
Our offices have undergone deep cleaning and sanitizing treatments and receive daily professional cleanings, including in lobby and meeting room spaces that are accessible to clients.
- All visitors are required to wear a face mask on the premises, including when entering the building. If you do not have a mask, Gawthrop Greenwood can provide one.
- To preserve the health and safety of all, we deny entry to any individual not wearing a mask.
- Individuals who cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition (including children under the age of 2 years) may enter the premises.
- All clients and visitors must maintain a social distance of 6 feet at all times.
- Our employees are not using the elevator unless necessary, and we ask that clients reduce usage when possible. If you must use an elevator, please ensure that no more than 2 people are in the elevator standing no less than 6 feet apart at one time.
- Clients and visitors are asked to use the restrooms located in our atrium outside our lobby. Signage is posted to assist you.
- In meeting rooms, chairs are reduced to ensure seating is 6 feet apart. Conference room tables have been marked to ensure appropriate spacing between individuals. At the conclusion of a meeting, the area is sanitized.
- All magazines, pens and paper in meeting rooms and the lobby have been removed.
What you can expect from our attorneys & staff:
Prior to reporting to work each day, each of our employees takes his/her temperature and reports it to the firm. If an employee has a temperature of 100.5 degrees or higher or is experiencing any other symptoms of illness, they must notify the firm and stay home until tested and/or cleared by a physician to return to the office.
All employees must put on a face mask before entering the office. Upon entering the office, each employee must wash his/her hands or use hand sanitizer, and must wash their hands at least once every hour while in the office.
We have rearranged work areas to maintain social distancing, and all employees are required to sanitize their workspaces.
Employees are encouraged to wear disposable gloves when opening the mail, scanning documents or in high touch areas.
If we discover that the firm has been exposed to a person with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19, any area of the building where the infected individual was will be closed off before cleaning and disinfecting that area as well as common areas. Employees, clients and visitors who were in close contact with the infected individual will be identified and notified. If the employee remains asymptomatic, the employee will be asked to work remotely until tested and/or cleared by his/her doctor to return to work.
If any employee becomes sick during the workday, s/he will be sent home immediately, and the process of contact tracing will begin within the office. The employee will not be permitted to return until tested and/or cleared by his/her doctor to return to work.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us. We will continue to keep you apprised of any updates, and we wish you and your family good health.