Hosted by Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union and the Ridley Public Library, Gawthrop Greenwood attorney…
Attorney Stephen Olsen is Featured Faculty Member on Estate Planning at Pennsylvania Bar Institute
Gawthrop Greenwood partner Stephen J. Olsen presented as a faculty member for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute‘s “Fundamentals of Estate Planning” program held June 24, 2020.
The Continuing Legal Education course provided 5 substantive credits and 1 ethics credit to colleagues in the legal profession, and the course was simulcast to multiple locations across Pennsylvania.
Olsen provided a framework of understanding of estate planning, including:
- Key elements of a complete estate plan
- Digital assets
- How to get started on planning for death and incapacity
- The terminology and default rules associated with inheritance
- What constitutes your probate and non-probate estate
- Why you might consider executing a will, durable power of attorney, health care power of attorney, living will and/or revocable trust
- How your estate planning may change over time
- Income tax consequences
- Inconsistent beneficiary designations
On-Demand Video is available, and a webcast replay is available August 21, 2020